IF YOU CAN SPARE seven and a half minutes, I'll point you to a great slice of golf history, a rare on-camera interview with Ben Hogan.
It’s edited, with only Hogan speaking. I’m not sure of the source, but it may be the CBS interview conducted by Ken Venturi in the early 1980s.
Hogan expounds on:
• Why he feels sorry for rich kids
• How he was a “terrible” player
• Why he had to practice and play “all the time”
• A hook so bad he couldn’t get a 4 wood off the ground
• The biggest check he ever received in his life ($385)
• Who told him he couldn’t complete his career without
playing in the British Open
Listen to the legendary Ben Hogan here.
−The Armchair Golfer
My interview with Ben Hogan’s practice partner