Sunday, October 4
ARMCHAIR GOLF Briefs: Golf Destinations
Recent news items about golf destinations. Endorsement is not implied.
• Makena Beach & Golf Resort, located ocean-side in the historic and scenic Makena region on the south side of Maui, announced the Daily Unlimited Golf Package.
• Fairmont Hotels & Resorts on Mexico’s Mayan Riviera recently unveiled a slew of new golf packages for fall and winter travel.
• Nestled between St. Augustine and Jacksonville, Fla., World Golf Village offers 36 holes of golf, top-notch practice facilities and many dining options. The courses, which sit in the shadow of the World Golf Hall of Fame, and are the only ones in the world designed as collaborations between golf legends. Hall of Famers Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus co-designed the renowned King & Bear and Sam Snead and Gene Sarazen served as player consultants on the Bobby Weed designed Slammer & Squire.
• The “Fall Stay-and-Play Golf Package” is available at the newly-renovated Renaissance Resort at World Golf Village in Northeast Florida.
• The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples received high accolades from Golf Digest in the 7th annual golf resorts survey. The resort ranks as the #1 golf resort in the state of Florida, and #32 out of the Top 75 Golf Resorts in North America and the Caribbean.
−The Armchair Golfer