Monday, October 26

Gulbis, Johnson and DiMarco Kick Off McGladrey Team Finals


Chris DiMarco, Natalie Gulbis and Zach Johnson
(Courtesy of Pinehurst Resort)


I JUST RETURNED FROM a quick trip to Pinehurst for the start of The McGladrey Team Championship, a national amateur best-ball tournament conducted by the PGA of America. About 40 teams teed off today in the three-day finals that will be contested on Pinehurst’s Nos. 2, 4 and 8 courses.

I attended a skills challenge on the practice range of Pinehurst No. 2 this morning that featured RSM McGladrey tour professionals Natalie Gulbis, Zach Johnson and Chris DiMarco. Special Olympics golf members and RSM McGladrey VIPs also participated. It was breezy and chilly (Natalie wrapped herself in a Pinehurst blanket between shots), but everyone had a good time and a few hearty laughs.

I drove home late this afternoon and will have more soon on my visit to Pinehurst, including my time with Natalie, Zach and Chris. I’ll also bring you a special interview with a surprise guest. Look for that early next week.

−The Armchair Golfer

No comments :