Friday, November 6

The 8 Things My Daughter Knows About Golf


Sergio Garcia is dreamy. (Glasson/Flickr)

By The Amchair Golfer’s Daughter
Special to ARMCHAIR GOLF
SINCE MY DAD RUNS a golf blog, you would think I would know at least a little bit about the sport. That’s a bad assumption a lot of people make all too often.

When I try to explain my dad’s blog, it brings up all kinds of questions. People think I’ll have interesting, intelligent things to say about the game just because my dad happens to have a blog on the subject.

Let me tell you now, there are only a few things I know about the sport. And I can list them for you in less than ten items:

1. Sergio Garcia is dreamy.

2. Even though the whole golf course is green, there is a specific patch of grass called a green. This is where you want the ball to end up eventually.

3. Tiger Woods is really good.

4. If you win a lot, you get a lot of money.

5. The commercials for golf clubs are usually very stupid.

6. Some golfers tend to wear vibrant pants.

7. Nick Jonas plays golf.

8. The minus sign in front of your score is actually a good thing.

That’s all I know about golf, so the conversations people try to have with me about the sport usually aren’t long. Ask me about Shia LaBeouf in The Greatest Game Ever Played, however, and I could talk for hours.

7 comments :

DaveAndrews said...

That was one of the most insightful posts on the blog in weeks.
You've got me wondering which character was played by Shia Lebeouf
Great job!

Armchair Golfer's Daughter said...

Thank you!
Shia Labeouf played Francis Ouimet, the winner of the 1913 U.S. Open. The movie is actually based on a book by Mark Frost.
(But I only know all of this because my dad told me.)

Lancer said...

I think your dad may need to run his future posts by you to check for accuracy and originality...great post.

Average Golfer said...

Great new look, new writer. Time waits for no one.

golfgirl said...

I totally agree on #1.
Recommended viewing:
my Sergio Masters Masterpiece
OK my Masters pick was way off...but who cares. ;o)

courtgolf said...

lol - that's classic.

just a guess - early teens ?

you gotta love that honesty.

The Armchair Golfer said...

Court: Yes, she's 14.