Sunday, November 1
ARMCHAIR GOLF Briefs
Assorted news items sent to ARMCHAIR GOLF. Endorsement is not implied. No consideration or compensation was received.
• PGA Golf Catalunya Resort has confirmed its position as one of the finest golf estates on the Continent after being ranked in the Top 10 of Golf World magazine’s Top 100 European Courses.
• Linna Golf in Finland has taken its place among the best resorts on the Continent after being ranked in Golf World magazine’s new Top 100 Courses in Europe.
• KPMG announced that its seventh annual Golf Business Forum will take place at The Gloria Resort, Turkey, May 12-14, 2010. Leading figures from the golf business world, including Greg Norman, will attend the conference in Belek, on Turkey’s Mediterranean coast, voted Golf Destination of the Year by IAGTO (International Association of Golf Tour Operators) in 2008.
• Marriott Golf announced that Shadow Ridge Golf Club in Palm Desert, Calif., was recognized as one of the Top 50 Resort Golf Facilities in the United States, according to Golf World magazine’s 2010 Reader’s Choice Awards.
• On Monday, Oct. 26, special displays recounting the historic paths each of the 2009 Inductees took to the World Golf Hall of Fame opened to the public. The opening was one week prior to Dwight D. Eisenhower, Christy O’Connor, José María Olazábal and Lanny Wadkins becoming official members of the Hall of Fame at the annual Induction Ceremony, set for Monday, Nov. 2 at 6 p.m. (airs on Golf Channel at 10 p.m. ET).
• Hank Haney International Junior Golf Academy (Hank Haney IJGA) announced BMW Southern Region as the presenting sponsor of the Hank Haney Invitational to be held November 13th-15th at Sea Pines Resort in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
• The Golf Poet (golfpoet.com) writes about the connection between golf and poetry and has been featured at the Boston Globe.
• Skill Technology, an independent game studio in Chicago, has launched their first online game, Gimme Golf (gimmegolf.com), offering players the opportunity to compete in real cash tournaments.
GOLF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
• A men’s outerwear collection, led by the new Ultimate Jacket V2, highlight the new 2010 Sunice® Outerwear Collection, which showcases golfwear that combines science and fashion-forward style.
• Updated from years past, a Golf Privilege Card (golflungcard.org) membership provides golfers savings on rounds of golf at courses throughout the country, the convenience of scheduling tee times online and a $250.00 PGA Tour Experiences Gift Card to the TOUR Academies located at some of the top resorts in the country. The purchase of a membership directly benefits the American Lung Association in your local community.
• Arik Nordby is a bad golfer, good drinker and creator of BogeyPro® (bogeypro.com), the brand for the average-to-bad golfer, including humorous products and gifts.
• TurfNet.com, an online community for golf course superintendents, has teamed with Endavo Media, an Atlanta-based Internet TV platform provider, to add the latest online video features to its site.
• In conjunction with the debut of adidas Golf’s revolutionary new TOUR360 4.0 golf shoe, PrideSports, maker of Softspikes® cleats, has announced that the Company’s proprietary new THiNTech cleat design will be used as original equipment in the new shoe line.
−The Armchair Golfer