Tuesday, December 1

South Australian Course Plays Even Better With Greens
















SOMETIMES THE SIGN says it all. Strathalbyn Golf Club is a 9-hole course on the Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia. It sounds like the kind of quirky course I would enjoy playing with my mates.

“This is a great place for anyone of any ability,” notes one of the user reviews at iseekgolf.com. “A fantastic place to learn the game without fear of judgment or of striking nearby houses.”

Perfect.

There’s also this: “Interesting use of garden gnomes as tee markers give this course a cheekiness found nowhere else I have seen.”

Very cool. (I wonder if the garden gnomes warn you if you’re outside of them so you won’t incur a two-stroke penalty.)

There is a con: “Creeks are deep, and sometimes it’s better to cut your losses.” Indeed. 

−The Armchair Golfer

(Image: Mundoo/Flickr)

2 comments :

Aussie Golfer said...

Woo hoo! My home state!
Strathalbyn I know as a quaint little town, a little bit of a well kept secret to many. Alas, I do not know the golf course but they must have upgraded from "scrapes" to "greens" fairly recently. I'll have to go check it out!

The Armchair Golfer said...

Michael: If you play there, you'll have to let me know what you think.