Saturday, November 19

VIDEO: Ben Hogan Gets Untimely Caddie Advice



CADDIES HAVE BEEN IN THE NEWS a lot lately. Well, one in particular. Some caddies say the wrong thing. Some speak up at the wrong time. As I discovered, even the great Ben Hogan dealt with unsolicited and untimely caddie advice.

This caddie (for another player) dropped out of a tree to help Hogan with a pitch shot.

“This is a very fast green, Mr. Hogan. And you’re going to need a lot of backspin, so I suggest you use your wedge.”

“Well, if you don’t mind, I’ll use the 9-iron,” said Hogan.

“I just thought I’d mention it.”

Then, of course, Hogan flubs the pitch. Stupid caddie.

−The Armchair Golfer

2 comments :

San Diego Artificial grass  said...

That is an old movie I haven't yet seen.

Heather from Leaderboard Golf said...

But WHO is this caddie that has been in the news so frequently Neil? Do tell... ;)

Great clip!