Tuesday, December 4

The Road to Pebble Beach, Part 4

Editors note: I’m going to Pebble Beach for the Lexus Champions for Charity as a guest of Lexus. This is another installment in an ongoing series. Read Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

Pebble Beach Golf Links (Conway)
WE GOT A LATER-THAN-EXPECTED start but did make it to Charlotte on Tuesday night at 9 p.m. Tomorrow morning we fly to San Jose, and then drive to the Monterey Peninsula for the 2012 Lexus Champions for Charity. We will be staying at The Inn at Spanish Bay, and, besides amazing golf, will participate in a variety of social events.

I still don’t think any of this has sunk in—but it will soon. Nancy Hubbell of Lexus has informed me of the golf lineup: The Links at Spanish Bay on Thursday, Spyglass Hill Golf Course on Friday and Pebble Beach on Saturday.

I walked nine holes on Monday afternoon at my local club. It was an unseasonably warm 65 degrees in the Blue Ridge Mountains. What is going on with the weather?

While we’re on that subject, it’s supposed to be “picture-perfect” (for early December) on the Monterey Peninsula. Mostly sunny with highs in the mid-to-upper 50s for the next several days. I’ll take it. Here we go.

TO BE CONTINUED.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

ArmchairGolf,I hope you are graced
with some splendid weather.
I will look out for your reports as
always....Don't forget to have fun for those who wish to be there.