Wednesday, May 22

VIDEO: Sergio Apologizes to Tiger for 'Fried Chicken' Remark



THE VERY PUBLIC SPAT BETWEEN SERGIO GARCIA and Tiger Woods took an ugly and stupid turn on Tuesday night at a European Tour awards dinner.

When asked if he would have Tiger as a dinner guest during next month's U.S. Open, Sergio said, "We will have him round every night. We will serve fried chicken."

Today, the outrage, the apology, the "is Sergio a racist?" commentary and much more.

"As soon as I left the dinner, I started getting a sick feeling in my body," Garcia said in a press conference on Wednesday.

"I wasn't able to sleep at all last night. I felt like my heart was going to come out of my body. Today it was difficult to hit a shot without thinking about it. Unfortunately, I said it. I wish I didn't do it but the only thing I can say is sorry."

I think Sergio should take a page from Vijay Singh's media relations handbook. The next time he's asked a question about Tiger Woods, use this: "No comment."

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Well, here we go again folks...It's very disconcerting that these incidences about race and the top golfer keeps being a regular occurrence every yr for the past 3yrs.

Like is posted the last time this happened, we don't see these highly visible racial overtone situation happening in the NBA,NFL,MLB or MLS. USGA & PGA
love to pretend that their players are highly evolved species.

These incidences are a byproduct of Golf's governing bodies. Absolutely shameful.